Skip to main content

Daily Devotional : Baptism is a Verb

Galatians 2:20 -
I have been crucified with Christ(A) and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.(B) The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God.


And 

Mark 5:  14-16 - 
You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven


A verb is a doing word. Not static but active. Being active in Baptism is not only about going around preaching to the world but first about change in ourselves and then about showing the world.

Christianity is a way of life, not a religion of do's and don'ts only. When we choose to practice it, our psyche and our behavior, change. It effects the choices we make, the people we meet and the language we speak. It effects how we work, our profession, our relationships with people, and with the world.. In short it brings about change within us. This change is then visible to the world which acts as an example for others. But how do we do it? 

As practicing Christians, We need to ask ourselves, is there a change in me? Create a measure. It may be a good idea to honestly list out things which are in us and not in the Word of God. Am I fond of gossip? Have I stopped. Am I gluttonous? Has my gluttony reduced. Am I prone to abusing, cursing or swearing? Has my language changed. Do I condone immorality? Have my views changed. Has my empathy factor increased?

These are just examples. Each one of us have our unique set of traits that are un Christ like. These changes are not done overnight. Time needs to be set aside daily to imbibe Gods word. Please not I use the word imbibe which means to absorb, not just read. This is a change in itself. For example, take the 7th commandment. Thou shall not commit adultery. I may not be in the literally sense but I maybe doing exactly that in the figurative sense by adulterating Gods word or letting other things get priority over God.

These are some of the changes we must bring about, before, like Paul, we can say not I but Christ lives in me.

Comments

Popular Posts

From Despair to Hope - A Testimony by Pastor Abhishek

4th March   , 2022.                                                           From Despair to Hope                                                            Pastor Abhishek Lyall   In this video Pastor Lyall describes his journey as he went to despair and then to hope. God's work starts when we have given up our own efforts and dependence on self and friends. 

This is my desire to honour you..

This is my Desire to honour you 🙏  

A Miracle of prayer

Shalom in the name of Christ. I got married on the 6th of October 2010, starting a new  journey in the name of Christ. As any newly married couple  we were happy  and enjoying every moment of our married life with our friends, family and church. Soon,  we were in the family way; it was a very blessed time for both of us. In Sep- 2011, during a  normal medical checkup, we came to know that the baby will be born with Down syndrome. While we received this news with fear and shock,  our journey in Faith started from here. Multiple tests were taken, in Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, but every report gave the same result. With  every passing day our fear became bigger and bigger. At the end of six months  we were finally prescribed the last test from the baby's serum and we had to wait for 21 days to get the report. By this time we were physically, mentally and  financially exhausted. We were only looking to our God for a miracle in this report but after 21 days we were shattered as this fi