Skip to main content

The Boat with a hole



"It's not enough to avoid doing wrong; we need to be doing good". 
Ms. Francis Taylor

This is such a powerful observation from Ms. Taylor and puts a double responsibility on us. Our Father sees what we do in secret but He rewards openly. 
 
Here is a wonderful act of doing good, related by Lilly Phillips, in Quora

"A man was asked to paint a boat. He brought his paint and brushes and began to paint the boat a bright red, as the owner asked him.
While painting, he noticed a small hole in the hull, and quietly repaired it.
When he finished painting, he received his money and left.
The next day, the owner of the boat came to the painter and presented him with a nice check, much higher than the payment for painting.

The painter was surprised and said “You've already paid me for painting the boat Sir!”

“But this is not for the paint job. It's for repairing the hole in the boat.”

“Ah! But it was such a small service... certainly it's not worth paying me such a high amount for something so insignificant.”

“My dear friend, you do not understand. Let me tell you what happened:

“When I asked you to paint the boat, I forgot to mention the hole.

“When the boat dried, my kids took the boat and went on a fishing trip.

“They did not know that there was a hole. I was not at home at that time.

“When I returned and noticed they had taken the boat, I was desperate because I remembered that the boat had a hole.

“Imagine my relief and joy when I saw them returning from fishing.

“Then, I examined the boat and found that you had repaired the hole!

“You see, now, what you did? You saved the life of my children! I do not have enough money to pay your 'small' good deed.”

So no matter who, when or how, continue to help, sustain, wipe tears, listen attentively, and carefully repair all the 'leaks' you find. 

You never know when someone is in need of us, or when God holds a pleasant surprise for us to be helpful and important to someone.

Along the way, you may have repaired numerous 'boat holes' for several people without realizing how many lives you've save

Make a difference....be the best you...
Have a blessed day      

Comments

Popular Posts

From Despair to Hope - A Testimony by Pastor Abhishek

4th March   , 2022.                                                           From Despair to Hope                                                            Pastor Abhishek Lyall   In this video Pastor Lyall describes his journey as he went to despair and then to hope. God's work starts when we have given up our own efforts and dependence on self and friends. 

This is my desire to honour you..

This is my Desire to honour you 🙏  

A Miracle of prayer

Shalom in the name of Christ. I got married on the 6th of October 2010, starting a new  journey in the name of Christ. As any newly married couple  we were happy  and enjoying every moment of our married life with our friends, family and church. Soon,  we were in the family way; it was a very blessed time for both of us. In Sep- 2011, during a  normal medical checkup, we came to know that the baby will be born with Down syndrome. While we received this news with fear and shock,  our journey in Faith started from here. Multiple tests were taken, in Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, but every report gave the same result. With  every passing day our fear became bigger and bigger. At the end of six months  we were finally prescribed the last test from the baby's serum and we had to wait for 21 days to get the report. By this time we were physically, mentally and  financially exhausted. We were only looking to our God for a miracle in this report but after 21 days we were shattered as this fi