Skip to main content

The Secret Place



Psalms 91:1-3 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.


In this post, we will explore what is that secret place of the most High and how we can dwell in it. 

To start with, let us understand what is this secret place? 

The Secret Place of the Most High God is a place where you can experience the presence of God. Typically, the Temple in Jerusalem was a hiding or secret place in the land of Israel.

Today, God has a secret place anyone can enter and dwell there. That secret place is Christ Himself, a dwelling for His people.

The privileges of those who dwell in God’s secret place are beyond imagination but listed out in Psalm 91. It still is not inclusive of all but refers to the problems and dangers which were of those times and protection from each one of them.  Today we maybe beset with a different set of problems and dangers, unique to our circumstances, but the truth of Psalm 91 is not diminished or changed or become outdated even one bit. If anything at all, if makes more sense and more truth.

Now where is this secret place and how do we find it?  

In the words of David Jacobs - 

"I often feel most anxious in the morning: I think about the things that I need to do that day, the things I didn't do yesterday, and the things I will think about tomorrow. Basically, I am a nervous and anxious wreck. I have a habit that has helped me greatly with this issue, however: every morning, I wake up and pray.

Immediately. I don't toss and turn in bed, I don't check my phone, I don't make coffee...I go immediately to pray. The effects have been tremendous in terms of dealing with my anxiety. Let me explain a bit more from my own perspective because this verse and a few others really helped shape my routine and improve my life.

The first reason I like to pray in the morning is because it quiets my mind. Suddenly the day ahead of me becomes more clear. I know what things I want to deal with immediately, what things I can put on the back burner, and what things I might not have to deal with at all. Second, although you might think I would be sleepy as a result, I have found that I actually wake up. My mind is fresh and free to wander a bit, and I have a nice conversation to start the day. Third, and I believe this is the most important, I am given an opportunity to thank God for all that I am grateful for. This prayer of thanksgiving starts my day on a positive note, and it trickles down into all the things that I do that day."





Comments

Popular Posts

From Despair to Hope - A Testimony by Pastor Abhishek

4th March   , 2022.                                                           From Despair to Hope                                                            Pastor Abhishek Lyall   In this video Pastor Lyall describes his journey as he went to despair and then to hope. God's work starts when we have given up our own efforts and dependence on self and friends. 

This is my desire to honour you..

This is my Desire to honour you 🙏  

A Miracle of prayer

Shalom in the name of Christ. I got married on the 6th of October 2010, starting a new  journey in the name of Christ. As any newly married couple  we were happy  and enjoying every moment of our married life with our friends, family and church. Soon,  we were in the family way; it was a very blessed time for both of us. In Sep- 2011, during a  normal medical checkup, we came to know that the baby will be born with Down syndrome. While we received this news with fear and shock,  our journey in Faith started from here. Multiple tests were taken, in Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, but every report gave the same result. With  every passing day our fear became bigger and bigger. At the end of six months  we were finally prescribed the last test from the baby's serum and we had to wait for 21 days to get the report. By this time we were physically, mentally and  financially exhausted. We were only looking to our God for a miracle in this report but after 21 days we were shattered as this fi